Current Standard: Law 1964 of 2019…
Regions · Colombia
Heavy-duty emissions standards:
- Colombia currently applies Euro IV emissions standards to diesel, liquid petroleum gas (LPG) and liquid natural gas (LNG) powered heavy-duty vehicles (HDVs).
- In 2023, newly manufactured or imported diesel, LPG, and LNG HDVs will have to comply with Euro VI standards.
- Gasoline powered heavy-duty-vehicles are regulated under U.S. EPA 1998 emission standards.
Light-duty emission standards:
- Colombia currently applies the equivalent of Euro 2/U.S. EPA Tier 1 emission standards to gasoline powered light-duty vehicles (LDVs). In 2023, gasoline LDVs must meet Euro 4 or equivalent limits.
- All newly manufactured or imported diesel powered LDVs must comply with the equivalent of Euro 4/U.S. EPA Tier 2 Bin 9 standards. in 2023, diesel LDVs must meet Euro 6 or equivalent limits.
All diesel vehicles in circulation must comply with Euro VI by 2035.
Pages in Colombia
Current Standard: Euro IV…
Test Cycles in Colombia
Questions or updates about policies?